Saturday, February 26, 2011

Miscellaneous Fun



Thanks for praying for rain! We've had good rains twice in 24 hours.

I did the first C-section that I have ever done by myself. The other docs were gone for a walk when the maternity ward called. I looked around and realized that it was me or nothing. Ok, ok, I wasn't by myself, there were a scrub tech and a nurse assisting me. But no other doctors around. It went very well and mom and baby are doing great! And it made me feel loads better.

I found a wild kitten near the hospital. They let the cats live at the hospital because they keep the rats away. This little guy isn't much use yet, but he sure was cute and soft.


My roommate, Corrie (who, incidentally, I no longer share a room with) has her birthday this Monday. We are having a party for her Sunday night and I was asked to bake a cake for her. This was the result. I think if she was 5 years old and having a princess party this would go over well, but it might be a bit, er, pink for her.


Yesterday I assisted on a surgery to remove the biggest tumor I've ever seen in real life. Warning: it's intense...

This was from one of her ovaries. We're actually pretty sure that it is a benign tumor. It was sitting in her belly just about where I am holding it. (and please ignore the fact that it bears a strange resemblance to the cake above.)

2 comments:

Maren said...

I love your lastes blogging Alexis. The Lord truly is in that place working through you!

Kathy Dvorak said...

Hey, now, your cake was WAY better looking! Or, let's just say that if you make me a cake when you are back in the States it better look like Princess Pinkie, not huge and stinkie;)