I heard a sermon recently about Adam naming the animals. As I tried to come up with a name for my blog, I could sympathize with the kind of pressure he must have been under. (I've decided I ought to cut him a little slack on the whole "hippopotamus" fiasco...)
Just this week i discovered two of my good friends have been blogging... I had no idea. The horror, the shame. How could I have not known?! Since this appears to be the thing to do, here I am! Late. As usual.
As I sat under that immense pressure to pick an appropriate blog title... "over the rainbow?" "under the rainbow?" "far from home?" "a far off place?" ... I had two realizations:
#1 I'm a latecomer to blogging and all the good titles are taken
#2 I feel out of place
All my titles seemed to boil down to that nagging sense of being distant from where I belong. I guess I feel like I'm on a journey towards where I really belong, but the question is how to live my life in the meanwhile. So there you go... this is my story of trying to live the life in in between where I come from and where I'm headed.
No comments:
Post a Comment